quarta-feira, 12 de junho de 2013

ART IS REBELLIOUS



Art is profoundly rebellious. Bad artists speak of rebelling, really artists actually rebel.  They respond to the powers that be with a concrete act: this is both the most important and the most dangerous point. Real rebellion in art is something wich persists and is competent and never dilettant.  (…) I began asking myself, as the end of the period of the Theatre of Sources, how people used this primary energy, how, through differing techiques elaborated in traditions, people found access to this ancient body of man. I have traveled a lot, I’ve read numerous books, I have found numerous traces.   (Grotowski 1987: 30-5)


SCHECHENER, RICHARD “The future of Ritual, writings on Culture and Performance”, Routledge, London and New York, 1993.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário